Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Fair Should-of-Beens

Last week was the Atchison County Kansas Fair! I'll share pictures soon, but am first showing what I had stitch and intended to enter into the fair, but didn't as they're not fully finished. 

There were 3 framed categories for cross stitch and I was hoping 1 or 3 of these pieces would have fit the required size;

 

 

 

 

For Christmas decoration I had hoped to finish this piece into a flat fold. 

 

For pillow it was going to be one of the following. The rabbit was going to be a large sofa pillow. The second piece will have stitching on the front and back and was is in memory of my friend Sharon who lost her battle with cancer earlier this year. 

 

 

 

For non-Christmas decoration I had hoped to finish this into a flat fold. 

 

Last but not least, this piece was going to be entered into the mini cross stitch category. 

 

All open class entries have to be made (stitched) between the last day of this years fair and entry date of next years fair. Basically anything I stitch between Aug 2017 - Aug 2018 can be entered into next years fair. I have to start anew. I love the Atchison County Fair and I always have plans to enter a dozen different categories, not just cross stitching, but my plans always fall short. Even so, I've printed out the open class list from this years fair and can't help but make notes, consider patterns and think about the 2018 fair.  


No comments: