Sunday, August 13, 2017

Two finishes and a start!

I recently finished two WIPs (Works in Progress) from my stash. The first was No Bees No Honey designed by Birds of a Feather.  I've had this pattern for 10+ years and have always enjoyed it.  I'm glad to have finally finished it.

 

I'm thinking I'll remove JLA and either stitch in a lighter color or replace my intials with another bee. Thoughts? 

The second piece is Everyday Sampler by Hands on Designs.  I started this earlier this year, January I think and completed the middle section.  I made a mistake starting the border, couldn't identify where the error was and put it aside.  I am determined to stitch from stash and finish some of my WIPS, so pulled it out, struggled with it until I found the error, frogged it and got it stitched correctly.  Ta Da!  I love it!

 

My current project is part two of a series of patterns released by Lizzie Kate. Part one 6 Fat Snowmen was released in 2011 and the next year Lizzie Kate released another series called 6 Snow Belles.  I finished part back in 2012, but hadn't ever gotten around to stitching the second series.  Both series are for my mother and she wants matching frames, so time to get the second set stitched and both framed.  Here's a picture of the first set of snowman and I hope to be back soon with a picture of the second set. 

 

No comments: