Thursday, August 17, 2017

2017 Atchison County Kansas Fair, part 1

I love the fair!  I already can't wait until the 2018 Atchison County Fair!  If you've never been, please consider visiting an area fair next year.  There are a lot of fun things to see and eat!  Such as rabbits and chickens! 






 





































Ducks!
 

 



Cows!   It was nap time in the barn!  I love that you can get close to the animals at the Atchison County Fair.  At my counties fair, the animals, with the exception of the ducks, chickens and rabbits, the animals aren't close and public isn't allowed back to where they're at. 




 





If you know someone or you kindly ask someone in the barn, they'll even let you pet one!  The first year I saw the cows at the fair I was shocked, still am, at their size!  They're HUGE!  So much bigger than cows appear when you're passing them at 65 MPH on the highway! 





 





There are pigs!  I can't stand how the pig on the lefts leg is stuck out straight.  I stared for a long time to see that he was alive. That doesn't look comfortable.




 





While at the fair, please consider visiting one of the animal shows.  I've attended part of the pig show the last several years and its always interesting to learn what the judge is looking for and watch the kids ribbon. 


Sheep, they're so pretty!




 






And goats!




 





This goat's name is Anna.  The sweetest little girl told me all about her.  She was dressed in bright shorts, tank top, flip flops and a big fake pearl necklace!  She was styling at the fair!  Elsa is their other goat, but she's never been to the fair.  Anna likes to eat shirts, she shared while looking down at my chest.  I glanced that way and saw that Anna had a hold of my shirt!  The little girl shared that Anna also likes to eat hair and I jumped back in fake surprise and alarm and said Oh No, my hair is short enough.  She giggled. 











Not shown are pictures from the horse show, though I did catch some of it. 





















No comments: