Friday, June 9, 2017

Leftovers, it's what's for dinner

This isn't healthy for you, just getting that out there now! 

The other evening, my mother and I got Boss Hawgs BBQ to go and took it out to the lake to eat. 

It was a beautiful evening with a few pop up thunderstorms. 

 

We both got pulled pork with a side of fries. You get more than you can eat. Their meat is good, but I love them for their cornbread and honey butter! Yum!

 

Normally I'd throw the leftover fries out, but I decided to try a recipe I saw some time ago. I dont recall the source and I didn't print the recipe, so I'm going from memory. 

 

Cube fries. 

 

Cook and crumble bacon. 

 

Mix bacon, fries, some shredded cheddar cheese and 2 eggs. The recipe, if I recall correctly, said to make patties and the egg was to hold them together. Fry in a non-stick skillet, flipping to brown both sides. 

 

I tried the patties and decided just to mix them up. 

 

This turned out really good. I think you could easily add seasonings, opinions, peppers and/or a different meat to this dish. You couldn't tell that there was two eggs mixed in. I think you could add more eggs to make it a All-in-one-breakfast-dish. Start saving those fries and let me know if you ever try this recipe. 

No comments: