Monday, May 1, 2017

My father's birthday dinner

My fathers birthday fell on a Monday right after I had finished painting, so his birthday dinner was postponed. I had thought I'd make chicken and dumplings, but we decided to have that another time. Instead we had;

 

I have always wanted to make a brisket and have been waiting for them to go on sale. A good price is $2.48 or less a lb. It was on sale at Checkers for $2.28 a lb when I bought mine. I made it using the Pioneer Woman's recipe found 
HERE

 


Lyncoln wanted to assist. 

 

I cooked it for 9 hours and my father shredded it for me. 

 

This is just a third of it! I'm planning on freezing the leftovers to eat this summer when it's too hot to want to cook. 

Dessert was to have been chocolate chip pie, but I struggled getting it done. Eventually it got too done and ready too late for us to enjoy. We enjoyed it the next day and I sent most of it home with my father. I thought it was good, but really rich. I'd make it again if I had the occasion to. 

 

Click 
HERE for Pioneer Woman's brisket recipe that I used and HERE for Bakerella's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. 

No comments: