Saturday, April 29, 2017

Easy Coconut Crumb Cake

This was so good and I wasn't even sure I like coconut! I made it to send home with a friend who had come to town. Her favorite pie is coconut cream and I thought of her when I read this recipe. 

Recipe adapted from 
Grace and Good Eats

Easy Coconut Crumb Cake

1 box classic white cake mix and ingredients called for on the box
1 c sweetened coconut
1 cupvanilla wafers 
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla  

Crush vanilla wafers. 

Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Gently stir in coconut, vanilla wafers, pecans and vanilla. Bake according to box instructions. I baked mine in a 9x13 disposable pan as I was sending it with a friend. 

 

Frost with vanilla frosting and sprinkle additional chopped pecans on top. I was going to do this, but my friend said it was fine without the frosting. She thought it would be good with a scoop of cool-whip. 

I forgot to take a finished picture, so this is the one she sent me after her husband had "sampled" it!

 

No comments: