Monday, May 15, 2017

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I started this garland weeks ago and just finished this weekend. It didn't turn out as expected, but that's life and it's too late to make something different. Maybe next year. 

 

The right side doesn't look too bad, but the left is too long and all the flowers droop too much.  Doesn't the mantle look bad? I haven't a clue how to decorate it and no real desire to work on it. 

 

The flowers were easy and fun to make.  You can get 25 sheets of tissue paper for a $1 at Dollar Tree. I used one sheet of paper per flower. They'd look nice down the middle of a table or as the bow on a package.  I put two on top of a loaf of banana bread I gave to a friend. Maybe I'll get started on June's garland now in hopes of having it completed by June first. Maybe not! Too many yard and fair projects to get done. 

 

No comments: