Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Neighborly

learned that my neighbor was going to list her house shortly after I moved into.  She spent the winter preparing her home for sale and listed it for-sale-by-owner several months ago.  While many came to look at it, she didn’t get any offers and listed it with a relator in April.  I hadn’t really given any thought to who I might move in next door. Painting and other projects kept me distracted. Last week I got to meet my new neighbor and I know him! Well, I know his parents. Though I hadn’t really given any thought or worry to who was moving in next door, I am very excited to learn it was someone I knew and that called for a house warming gift of bread!  (I also had a lot of bananas that needed to be used up.)  I decided to make Six Sister’s Tropical Banana Bread. 

I didn’t have an 8oz can of crushed pineapple on hand, so I used an 8oz can of pineapple tidbits and diced/crushed them with a knife. 

 

Bananas, pineapple and coconut goodness!

 

used 4 small loaf pans and reduced the amount of baking time by 15 minutes.  Only one needed to bake longer than that.

 

Pretty loaves!   

 

I ate one (not all at once!), gave one to my friend Clara Lou, one to my friend Michelle and gave the fourth loaf to the new neighbor.  I don’t know that the coconut added much flavor and next time I might leave it out.  Its definitely a recipe I’d make again with or without coconut. 

 

Visit HERE for the complete recipe! 

No comments: