Monday, January 23, 2017

Strawberry Banana Muffins

I've made these muffins before. They freeze great. 

 

I was wishing Friday night for snow, not ice. I didn't get my wish, but rain is still better than ice. 

 

I store my muffin liners in a wide mouth Mason jar.  Pinterest idea! 

This recipe makes 12 muffins. I'd suggest and hope I remember next time to make more than 12. I might try stretching it to 18 muffins next time. 

 

Strawberry Banana Muffins

1 egg
2/3 c sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 bananas
1 1/2 c flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 c strawberries, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners. 
Beat egg and sugar until combined. Add butter and vanilla. 
Squish bananas into egg mixture and mix until bananas are broken up and well mixed. 
In a seperare bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add strawberries and toss to coat. 
Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir just until combined. 
Bake until golden brown, 20-25 min, until toothpick comes out clean. 
Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. 

Recipe source; 
Melanie Makes

No comments: