Sunday, October 16, 2016

Stromboli!

My family came over today to help me clear some of the brush in the backyard and stayed through lunch. I hadn't wanted to buy lunch out, as we often do, or make the same things we often have. I wanted to try something new and Stromboli fit that bill! I made it two ways. The first recipe was for Ham and Swiss Stromboli from The Girl Who Ate Everything

 

 

 

I subbed mozzarella cheese for the Swiss as I already had mozzarella and I reduced the amount of bacon to 4 slices. 

 

I'm not a fan of onions and if I were making this for myself, I'd have left them out. Otherwise, I thought it tasted great. 

The second Stromboli I made was from 
Southern Bite and was a pizza type. I was talking to my mother as I prepared it and forgot to take pictures! 

 

It was a mess as I cut it fresh from the oven. I used turkey pepperoni in place of regular pepperoni. I think everyone preferred this one. Both recipes call for canned bread dough and were a breeze to prepare. I'll definitely make both again. 

I served it with a salad (lettuce not shown) and green stuff. 

 

We ate on the front porch off of paper plates in mid 80 degree heat! Hard to believe that it's October 16th! 

 

One load ready for the dump, one or more still to go. Stay tuned for the Green Stuff recipe!

 

No comments: