Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Apple Pie Bites

Sigh. The backyard is 3/4 full of brush and I'm pretending it doesn't exist! I know it'll be nice to have my backyard back and it'll feel good to have tackled that project, but I'd much rather pretend it isn't there! So, this evening I turned to baking apple pie bites.


This is all you need; an apple, a can of crescent rolls, some butter and sugar and cinnamon.  

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Unroll the rolls onto a baking mat or cookie sheet. Spread a thin layer of butter. 


I'm sure the original recipe calls for butter from the stick, but I found table butter easier to work with. I scoop out some and mash it on the cutting board to make it easy to spread and so that I'm not sticking my knife back in the butter. 

 

Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on. 

 

Add a thin apple slice or two (make sure they're thin). 

 

(Went a little too heavy on the cinnamon sugar on this one.)  Roll up and bake for 15 min. 

 

These I made tonight and the pic below are of the first batch I made. I'm still getting used to my stove. 

 

Some are prettier than others. I didn't worry too much about appearance, nor should you. Anyone you serve these two will forget how they look after they've had a bite. 

They're good just like this or let cool a bit and serve with a scoop of ice cream! 
 

No comments: