Sunday, September 4, 2016

Bird Feeding Station

I present to you my new front yard bird feeding station! I love it. Here it is the day my father built it. 

 

We used a post a fence post stake/spike that my father hammered into the ground. I believe it was a 24". It looks like the picture below. I purchased the stake and hooks at Menards. 

 

I used two each of two different hooks. 

 

I purchased a cap for it and added my grandmothers bird feeders and a new from Lowes platform feeder. 

 

I'll probably swap out the suet feeder in the spring for hanging flowering plant. 

In addition to this station I have 2 humming bird feeders hanging from the porch, a jelly feeder on the side yard and will add feeders to the backyard this fall.  I've already heard or seen Carolina wrens, cardinals, mourning dove, chickadees, downy woodpeckers, red bellied woodpeckers, yellow shafted flickers, nuthatches and brown thrashers!

No comments: