Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A little seepage...

The house has a little seepage. It's a 1924 home and it isn't unexpected. It's very minimal and is pretty much limited to the old coal room in my basement, but I know of others who haven't had problems and then did. So, I decided to try two things in hopes it'll keep the seepage to a minimum. 

First I added top soil along the foundation where the seepage occurs. You probably can't tell, but about 6" of ground up against the house is sunken. I added soil to slant the ground away from the house. 

 

Afterwards;

 

My second project involved the three gutters on this side of the house. Before the gutters dumped the water up near the house. 

 

There's a sunken area at the base of these two gutters. Rain water pooled there. Now the water will flow away from the house. 


Now we just need a little bit of rain to see if either project will keep the basement dry.  

No comments: