Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Taking Stock and Getting Organized




Ham! And some more ham! My father mentioned buying a ham to split with me in December, but then didn’t mention it again. I then purchased two hams at Sam’s Club right after Christmas. One was $5 off, the other $10 off. Two days later my father brought over the ham he had bought. I made ham (great northern) and beans and vacuum sealed the rest. I have 10 packages with 2 cups diced, 1 package with 1 1/4 cups diced, 1 package for beans (bigger chunks) and 2 packages sliced. I also frozen some Canadian bacon and ham steaks I had in the fridge. I’m set for ham for a while!

Pasta! Pulled out all the boxes of pasta that I have.  I’ve since used one box of spaghetti and a box of penne.



Straightened up the upright freezer and the fridge freezer.



I cleaned out my spice cabinet.






I’ve also printed off recipes or pulled recipes I’ve already had that use ingredients from my pantry, shelves and freezer and put them in a new 3 ring binder for easy access to dish/meal ideas. 





No comments: