Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Pantry Challenge Update!

I’ve been busy in the kitchen. Baked Pumpkin Spice French Toast using up bread that was getting stale. 


Breakfast bowls using sausage I had browned and froze last Sept and Oct (links and crumbles), eggs that were past their best by date, but still good, tator rounds and cheese I had shredded last fall and froze. I portion out a serving into sandwich bags, place in a freezer zip lock bags and freeze. To reheat, I remove frozen from the sandwich bag and reheat in the microwave. Add peppers, onions and other vegetables as you wish. 


Cheeseburger Tator Tot Casserole 


Pumpkin black walnut bread (I cut the sugar by half)




Honey garlic pork loin (that I covered in BBQ sauce as it needed something more) and green beans (canned) with potatoes (canned), bacon and seasonings. 



An applesauce raisin cake that tasted wonderfully but was a flop as the outside was hard and the middle was raw. May look for another recipe to try. 

Deviled eggs and no bake cookies. 




No comments: