Monday, December 12, 2022

Festival of Trees 2022

Trying this. Kind of worried! It’s been a few years! I am not on Facebook or Instagram by choice, but needed a platform to share life and stitching. I’m getting older! I looked at a cross stitch pattern for several long minutes trying to recall if I stitched it. I’ve decided to write down the date on the pattern and to post here when I’ve finished something. 

Anyhow, for a week at the end Of November and into December, the Festival of Trees is held to support SLI an organization that helps individuals living with intellectual and developmental disabilities. It’s a free event with the trees being auctioned off to support their organization. 

This is a few of the trees on display. 

 





At that time I was cross stitching a Santa kit I had gotten at an estate years before. I don’t decorate with Santas, but had needed something to stitch and the Santa worked great as it came with everything needed to finish the pattern. I hadn’t a clue what I would do with the Santa after I finished him till I saw the trees and thought maybe I could donate a Santa themed tree for their fundraiser next year. While I don’t decorate with Santas, with a couple exceptions, I have a lot of Santa patterns. I stopped at our local thrift store and bought a 6’ skinny Christmas tree and think I’ll give it a try! Stay tuned for some stitched Santas. 

No comments: