Thursday, January 25, 2018

Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake

To help me achieve my $100 a month grocery budget I went though all my cupboards, pantry and freezers writing out what I had and what needed to be used soon. Two jars of Alfredo made the use soon list so I made Three Cheese Alfredo Bake adapted from Life-in-the-Lofthouse's recipe.  

 

I had everything but the ricotta cheese and sour cream. Noodles not shown. 

 

Three Cheese Alfredo Bake

16 oz of pasta, I used large elbow as I had that on hand, the recipe called for penne 
2 10oz jars Alfredo sauce 
1 c sour cream 
15 oz container ricotta cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked and diced chicken, I shredded chicken I'd made in the crockpot the day before 
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese, I used shredded
2 tsp dried parsley 
1 tsp Italian seasoning 
2 c mozzarella cheese

 

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Return hot pasta to pot and stir in all the other ingredients except for the mozzarella cheese. Pour into a greased 9x13 Casserole. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly in a 350 degree oven. 

 

While I was making this, I decided to use up a Carnation fudge kit and make banana muffins from a box (quick bread). Already shortening that long list of pantry items and staying within budget! 

 


No comments: