Saturday, January 27, 2018

January Wipocalypse Update

I feel like I should have more progress to share, but actually this progress isn't all that bad for me.  I had two January finishes. The first is Prairie Schooler Winter Wind stitched on PTP 32 Ct Wren with the called for DMC.  This is WIP # my 30 on year of WIPs list.

 

This is only part of the pattern.  I didn't like this piece.  I wanted a winter piece for a specific finish and thought this might be it, but the pattern annoys me!  The birds are far from gone!  I know this because I feed them!  I have many winter only birds feeding in my yard and while its very cold out, there is never a bad birding season in Kansas.  I decided to finish what I'd started, but not the entire pattern.  I'm not sure how or when I'll get around to fully finishing it.

I continue to make progress on WIP # 31 Baby Is Cold Outside by Heartstring Samplery.  I've run out of Picnic Basket, so all the windows aren't in on the house and the words are missing at the bottom of the piece.  I am hoping to find a good substitute in my stash and not have to order one thread. 

 

I began on January 5 my 2018 Baptism sampler Barbara Ana's All Creatures Great and Small on PTP 18ct Wren.  I got this far before deciding to start it on another fabric.

 

Emily from Eclectic Possessions (Flosstube and Instagram) is stitching this pattern on PTP Haunted and I love it!  Love it so much that I knew I wouldn't be happy with stitching it on Wren.  I had PTP Haunted in my stash, but found a piece of PTP Lupine and decided to try it.  I might have to change some of the browns, but surely I can figure that out.  

 

It took forever to frog the Wren start, but I decided I had to do that before starting on Lupine.  Upon frogging my Wren start this is as far as I got on Lupine.  I'm only stitching this on the weekends, so it won't get finished anytime soon.

I started a small piece on Monday January 22nd for Kansas Day and finished it Thursday January 25. It was my friend Dede's idea to stitch something every January for Kansas Day.  Two years ago I stitched a Prairie Schooler Santa with sunflowers;

 

And last year I stitched a Prairie Schooler egg freebie that had a sunflower;

 

This years Kansas Day piece is from a library borrowed book by Donna Kooler called 555 Cross-Stitch Sampler Motifs.  I love this book and there are several things in it I'd stitch.  Here is the front of my 2018 Kansas Day themed piece;

 


And the back;

 

Oops, forgot his antennae! I had hoped to finish this into a small pinkeep, but its really small and I think it might make a better fob. First I am going to go through my fabric stash to see if I have any matching fabrics that might work as a fabric frame to increase its size for a pinkeep. If not, then fob it is! 

Well, that's it for January. My next Wipocalypse update will be at the end of February. Happy Crafting! 

3 comments:

Carla said...

Nice progress on all your wips.
The Barbara Ana design is beautiful, looking forward to seeing your progress

Sandy said...

love all your projects. I have All Creatures Great and Small in my stash to start one day. Maybe after my current sampler is done. I love the change in the fabric color, will have to keep that in mind when I pull it out to start.

Michelle Garrette said...

I love the idea of the Kansas Sunflower each January! This year's is SO pretty; don't you just love Donna Kooler! I can't wait to see it finished.