Sunday, December 17, 2017

Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup

I love Chick-Fil-A’s Chicken Tortilla Soup. I can stretch a bowl to last two meals, but knew there must be a way to make my own at home.  Baker Mama  to the rescue!  This recipe is quick, easy and delicious! Try it soon!

 

Purée two cans of cannellini beans in a food processor or blender.  The recipe calls for three cans of cannellini beans, but I only had one, so I used two cans of great northern beans.  Do not drain the beans. Someone please come tell me how to use my mini food processor! I made a mess! Suppose I should read the instructions! 

 

Apple Market has a sale every fall on Best Choice canned beans and tomatoes for $0.44. I always stock up on both when they do. 

Heat up some oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add 1 medium diced onion and some minced garlic (I used the type already minced and sold in jars).  Saute until onions become translucent.  Add seasoning.  Add all remaining ingredients and simmer until heated through. 

 

Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 Tbsp canola oil
1 med white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp dried oregano (I substituted Italian Seasoning as I didn’t have oregano on hand)
1 tsp kosher salt
3 15 oz cans cannellini beans
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies  (Rotel, I used mild, but use Hot for a spicy kick!)
1 15 oz can cream of corn
1 15 oz can whole kernel corn
1 15 oz can black beans
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and shredded (or 4 cups of cooked, shredded chicken)

*Do not drain any of the cans, the liquid gets added to the dish!*

Heat canola oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add chopped onion and minced garlic.  Let saute over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.  Stir in cumin, oregano and salt.
 
Puree 2 cans of cannellini beans in a food processor or blender.  Do not drain beans before processing.  Add pureed beans and all other ingredients to the pot.  Do not drain any of the cans!  Stir to combine.  Let soup simmer over medium heat until heated through.  

Serve with crushed tortilla chips, tortilla strips or corn bread and shredded cheese. 

 

No comments: