Sunday, June 25, 2017

Spanish Rice Skillet Dinner

This recipe came from my friend Dede except that I couldn't find her instructions when I went to make it, so it might not be the same. It is so good and so easy. 

 

I didn't take many pictures.  All you do is fry up a pound of hamburger. I don't season my meat, though you could. Once browned, add in 2 cups water, one can diced tomatoes with chilies (14.5 oz) with liquid (don't drain) and a box of Spanish rice. Bring to a boil, cover and cook 15-20 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is tender. 

 

If you and your family like spicy, you might add some taco or chili seasoning when you add the water, rice and tomatoes. I think another great addition would be a can of drained black beans. 

 

This was really good! Dede, thanks for sharing the recipe! 

No comments: