Sunday, April 16, 2017

Tulip Time

It was Tulip Time earlier this month. I only managed to get to one of the three areas that has tulips in town. I spoke with an older man taking pictures and was surprised to learn he had come down from Kansas City. He said no place up there had as beautiful tulip displays as we do, not even Powell Gardens! If you've never been, you should plan on visiting next year.  Here are a few pictures from the Ted Ensley Gardens at Lake Shawnee. 

 

 

 

 

 


 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Patricia D. said...

Beautiful pictures and place. Several years ago a group of us came over to Topeka to the Tulip Festival. I forget the name of the place we went but it was close to downtown. There were some buildings arranged for an old town and a beautiful house along with the log cabin the family lived in most of their time there. Really interesting place and story. I remember they ran a ferry across the river and made a lot of money doing it. I have a post on my blog about it. I also remember the women from the prison planted and cared for the tulips.