Friday, April 14, 2017

April Garland and Easter Sign

I started working on the garland mid-March and completed it before April, but hadn't been able to take any pics as it was gloomy, gray and/or the mantle was covered with plastic. 

 

To make; Google bunny template, select Images, pick your favorite, print, trace and cut out. 

 

Hot glue on tails. 

 

Josey wanted a tail, but only one already attached. See the two ignored unattached pom-poms sitting on the right? 

 

I had thought I'd use the pink/white or purple/white bakers twine, but they were too bright. I ended up using the thread shown on the bottom left card that's pulled. I found the threads on that card and a bunch of other trims at a Stamp-In Up garage sale several years ago. 

Hole punch both ears, thread and hang for a super cute April/Easter garland!  Here it is on my buffet. 

 

Some close-ups; 

 


   

I worked on this at work and hadn't measured how long it needed to be, so I ended up with a few extra bunnies. 

 

I had really wanted a religious themed April garland, but couldn't come up with one. So, I opted to use the same scrapbook paper to make a sign for the mantle. 

 

I used cardboard block letters that can be found at Joann's, Hobby Lobby and Walmart. Traced the letters on scrapbook paper, cut out and glued them on using a glue stick. 


(Sorry for the crummy pictures.) I only glued the paper to the front. I love how it turned out.  

No comments: