Wednesday, March 29, 2017

For a period of time!

A coworker is going through cancer treatments and working from home. Email communication always includes how many days she's into the treatment, how many total she has left to go, how many days till the believed bad cancer treatment and how many days that'll last. For the time being. She believes she'll lose her appetite and taste buds and isn't looking forward to it. For a time.


I am not always up or happy in a situation, but for the most part I see the value in seeing the glass as half full. Oh I have my moments and my days, but it's so much better, in my opinion to think of the positive. Too look forward to spring, if you can.  I know its harder to do so in some situations than in others.





This then has to apply to painting, which I've been dreading. I want to paint the living room, dining room and hallway this spring. Most everyone else probably having felt as I do about the wall colors in those three rooms would have already painted them. Me, I'm slow! This fall I'd like to fix the wood trim in the hallway and my bedroom (it has an orange gloss finish to it, which I've read can be really easy to remove or a pain in the butt, no in between) and paint my bedroom. Some other time I'd like to paint the spare bedroom and my craft room. Last, but not least I'd like to paint the stairwell going up. That is a lot of painting. 

For the most part, I've never painted and hadn't any clue what to expect. I told dinner guests a few weeks ago I thought it would take me 4-6 weeks to paint the living room, dining room and hallway. They didn't argue, but probably thought I was super lazy! I hadn't a clue. I started the Saturday after cookbook club. I taped the dining room which has three doors and four windows and then ran for supplies. 

 

I returned home to cut in with the primer. 

Sunday I went to church and then came home to roll primer. 

 



I shared pictures and was told I needed a second coat, which I did after the first had dried some. 

Monday night after work I cut in with paint.Tuesday night after work I rolled paint and I did a second coat on Wednesday after work. Thursday I came home and touched up the ceiling with white paint where the previous owners had gotten burgundy paint. 



There were a lot of spots like this. I just dipped a brush in white paint and blotted.  Brushing caused the popcorn to flake off and make a mess. 

Saturday - Thursday and I had one room finished! I removed the tape and the plastic, returned a lot of the furniture to its original spot and then cried. I cried a lot.


No comments: