Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Years Eve Luncheon

I invited good friends Pat and Sue over for lunch on New Years Eve. It was their first visit to my new house. 

I wanted to make pizza. Buy pizza. Make one of the delicious pizzas I have in my freezer. Pizza. Cooking for others is scary, for me anyways, but I'd love to feed others around my table more and pizza won't do! 

I made Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing.  A new recipe. 

I layered 3 chicken breasts. 

 

A box of stuffing (I used turkey flavored). 

 

Then a mixture of water, sour cream and cream of chicken soup. 

 

Recipe said to cook on low for four hours, but to check at three. I checked at two and a half and the chicken was done, but I think my crock pot runs hot. 

Of course I forgot to take any pictures. Here is one of the left overs. It was good. I think next time I'd make it using chicken tenders. 

 

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

4 chicken breasts (I used three as they were huge)
1 6oz box cornbread stuffing mix (Stove Top or similar, I used Turkey flavored) 
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water

Line crock pot with liner and lay 4 chicken breasts at the bottom.  Pour dry stuffing mix over the chicken. Mix together soup, sour cream and water. Spread over stuffing mix. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, but check after three. Fluff stuffing with a fork, serve. 

Original recipe from 
StockPilingMoms

No comments: