Friday, January 6, 2017

Confetti Upside Down Cake

For dessert on New Years Eve, I served Upside Down Confetti Cake. I had wanted to make a fruit cocktail cake recipe I made years ago, but I couldn't find that recipe. I think I like this one better! 

Begin by cutting 10 maraschino cherries in half. Ten. Not a 10 oz jar, which is what I did. Oops, but I rather liked this oops and I'd probably do it again! 

 

You'll dye your fingers! 

 

Spray your baking dish with cooking spray, then pour in melted butter. Place cherries cut side up and then sprinkle fruit cocktail over the cherries. (Picture taken as I was spreading the fruit cocktail.)


Prepare cake mix according to package. Stir in 2 Tbsp candy sprinkles. 

 

Bake. Let cool 5 minutes and then invert onto platter. 

 

Let cool completely and sprinkle candy sprinkles over the top. 

 

Festive and pretty!  Perfect for a New Years Eve lunch!

Upside Down Confetti Cake

4 Tbsp butter, melted 
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
10 maraschino cherries (I used a 10oz jar and would again)
1 can fruit cocktail, drained (I used a no added sugar fruit cocktail)
1 package yellow cake mix (I used a sugar free cake mix) 
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
2 Tbsp candy sprinkles (I used more to sprinkle over the cake after cooling)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. 

Add melted butter to the dish and sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange cherry slices over the sugar and sprinkle on the fruit cocktail. Set aside. 

Prepare cake mix according to directions. Stir in 2 Tbsp candy sprinkles. Pour into prepared dish. 

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes and then invert onto platter. I used a cookie sheet covered with tin foil. 

Recipe is from  
MrFood

No comments: