Thursday, October 19, 2017

Barn Quilt Class part 2

Some pictures from class...

 

These were class models. The pumpkin isn't as hunter orange as shown in this picture and was one I'd have loved to paint. They also had a fall, 4 color (or maybe 5) maple leaf pattern that would have been fun to paint. 

 

This woman (face removed as I had gotten her permission) was going to add a John Deere sticker to the middle of her quilt. 

 

I love pinwheel quilts! 

 

A high schooler made this one. Her second. 

 

Her great grandmother if I understood it correctly made this one. I love the colors in it and loved how she left the corners light. 

 

Another tractor quilt. This woman's second quilt.

 

Two that hadn't finished before I left. I think there were four or more women who hadn't finished before I left. I am not a big sports fan, but I love the KSU theme in the lower quilt shown below. 

 

This is the first one I had really wanted to do (face removed, didn't have her permission). I still hope to some day do a sunflower, but I think I need to research the design a bit more. One or two of the ladies in my class did this pattern. It was a very popular design. 

 

The other one that I almost did. The four cats, minus the blank stripe at the bottom. I didn't do this one as I'd have had to mix colors to get colors that matched Homer, Lyncoln and Josey and I wasn't sure I could free hand eyes, nose and whiskers. Don't be surprised though if I some day make this one! 

 

This was a great, fun day and I thank Dede for getting me into the class. All supplies were provided, we just had to bring a yard stick, hair dryer and a sack lunch. Sadly there is only one more class this year and it's full. I did get a list of supplies though so I could make some own my own. I'd love to make four more. Yes, four! Two for the side of the garage and two for the side of the privacy fence. Or just stick with one, but have other blocks to switch it out with. The instructors had some really cute Christmas and fall designs I'd have loved to do. Maybe this winter...


1 comment:

Patricia D. said...

Awesome! More than one way to make a quilt square. Do you have a barn nearby where you can paint one? Patricia