Tuesday, April 11, 2017

So, I made up a cake recipe.

I wanted a cake. Not just any cake, but a specific cake. I googled and search Pinterest and didn't find what I wanted, so I made it up. I wanted to use a cake mix, bananas and raisins. I didn't take pictures as I'm sure it was going to be a failure, but it wasn't! 

To a spice cake mix and I added; 4 eggs, 1/4 c oil, 1 c water, 4 mashed ripe bananas. I mixed it with an electric mixer until well combined and then stirred in 1/2 c of raisins. I poured it into a greased bundt pan and baked it for 55 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 

 

I had a bit of a problem deciding whether it was done! Better add toothpicks to my grocery list! 

 
 
I expected it to bake up more, but it turned out short and thick. It's really really good and hits the spot, but probably needs an expert to adjust it. Still surprised no one else though a banana raisin snack cake sounded like a good ideas. 

No comments: