Saturday, February 4, 2017

Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake

I started a weekly small group bible study recently and the first night I attend was a potluck. Not knowing what others were bringing, I decided to bring a dessert. Dessert goes with everything, right? It can also be made in advance and you don't have to worry about keeping it warm. 

I decided to make Strawberry Fudge Poke Cake. I found the recipe online HERE   Her cake set up and sliced beautifully, but mine was a little messy. I contribute that to having left home at 5 and having not been served till probably 6:30. The cool whip and frosting layers had gotten soft. Still everyone enjoyed it and I can home with an empty pan. I'll be keeping it as a recipe to make again. 

 

Finished cake with sweetened condensed milk poured over the top. 

 

Chocolate frosting layer. 

 

Final layer of strawberries and cool whip. I think it would make a great Valentine's Day dessert! 

No comments: