Sunday, January 29, 2017

Raspberry Cake

My roof is leaking. Again. Winter Storm Jupiter brought rain, not ice. I had a little bit of water in the basement. Nothing alarming. I hadn't thought to check upstairs till a friend asked if it were dry. I immediately dreaded checking and for good reason! I had a light waterfall down one wall into the floor insulation in the attic. Sigh.  Fortunately I have good friends, one of whom is a Jack of all trades. They drove down that Monday to have a look and make a game plan for fixing it. I hadn't know when they'd return to work on it and I wanted to be ready with something delicious to feed them before and after being up on my roof. Raspberry Chocolate Cake seemed like a good fit. 

 

It's really easy. Mix cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and frozen raspberries. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely and frost. 

 

I used store bought frosting. It was really good and I'll be making it again. My friends didn't get back before I ate and shared this cake, so I get to try out another recipe. 

Visit  Patricia's Patchwork Quilt for the cake recipe. 

No comments: